Friday, April 22, 2011

Technology Part 2

Okay, when did we make it ok to interact with each other via text for things like dating.  First let me say, I am not dating anyone as I am happily married to a wonderful woman.  But, her sister was just broken up with last night with a text message.

Now, I understand things do not always work out while dating and you have to go your separate ways, but to send someone a text message to do it is just wrong.  I mean own up to the fact that you do not want to be with someone and tell them, to their face.  In the case of a long distance relationship, maybe by phone.  Now by long distance, I mean more than an hour driving time away.  Let's get back to the time of communication with people not at people.  There is a great song I was fortunate enough to hear coming in to work today that says,

"Teach me to number my days.  To count every moment.  Before it slips away.  It happens in a blink, it happens in a flash.  It happens in the time it took to look back.  I try to hold on tight, but there's no stopping time.  What is it I have done with my life."

Let's live every moment like it counts and get back to a place of people communication, not technology communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment