Monday, February 14, 2011

Technology

Technology, is it a good thing or a bad thing?  Well, I think it is a great things given certain parameters.  It allows you to stay as connected to everything going on as you want to.  Never before in the history of the world is information so accessible.  That of course is also a problem.  I have heard it said that the internet has made us a culture that is ADD and has a lack of focus.  I can only hope that the good of technology does not get lost in the potential downfall of technology.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love technology as mush as the next person.  I am thankful for what we have and I am glad we have it.  The continual pushing and striving to do things better is something we all need to do, but let's make sure it does not cost us in the end.  Cost us in our marriages, in our finances, in the very things that technology is designed to help and improve.  Let's use our time to better the world, but let's not forget the person touch.  Now all that being said, I know the personal touch is something I need to work on.

I tend to come off much differently to others than I mean to.  To that I am sorry, but please know I am trying. In the spirit of the day (Valentine's day), I would like to say Happy Valentine's day to my lovely wife.  We met 14 years ago today, it was a Friday.  You wore a red sweater, in memory of "Father of the Bride 2".  I also had the pleasure of meeting your parents and entire Church that night.  To my delight, I also got to experience your acting skills as you assisted in a skit that night.  We had dinner at a Chinese restaurant, because the night's activities had it too late to go to anywhere else.  As we sat in the corner booth that night, I realized how much I loved you.  To this day, I still can't forget the first time I met you and how much I need to do to ensure I continue to show you how much I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I myself love gadgets and it is good to keep in mind that people are way more important. Nice to see too that you aren't afraid to get a little mushy. I enjoy getting to read about things in general from a man's perspective every now and then.

    ReplyDelete